There are many different Indian long hairstyles for women to choose from. One popular option is to wear the hair in a braid or braids. This can be a simple braid down the back of the head, or more complex styles such as French braids or fishtail braids.
Another option is to wear the hair in loose waves or curls, which can be achieved with the use of rollers or a curling iron. For a more formal look, the hair can be styled into an updo, such as a bun or a chignon. These styles are often adorned with decorative hair accessories such as flowers or jeweled pins.
Indian Long Hairstyles for Women
Indian women have a variety of hairstyles to choose from, with long hair being a popular choice. One of the most common long hairstyles for Indian women is the braid, which can be styled in a variety of ways. Braids can be styled as a simple, three-strand braid, a fishtail braid, a French braid, or a Dutch braid. Other popular long hairstyles for Indian women include loose waves, curls, and straight hair.
1. Indian Floral Bubble Braids Wedding Hairstyle for Long Hair:
Indian Floral Bubble Braids is a beautiful and elegant wedding hairstyle for long hair. It involves creating bubble braids with small flowers woven into the braids. This hairstyle is perfect for a traditional Indian wedding, as it incorporates elements of Indian culture and adds a touch of whimsy to the overall look.
To achieve this look, start by dividing your hair into small sections and braiding each section into a tight braid. As you braid, incorporate small flowers into the braid by tucking them into the braids. Once all of the braids are complete, gather them together at the back of your head and secure them with bobby pins or a hair elastic. The result is a stunning and romantic hairstyle that is perfect for any bride.
2. Indian Braid Hairstyles for Round Face:
Indian braid hairstyles can be a great option for those with round faces as they can help to elongate the face and add definition to the features. Some popular styles include:
- A simple three-strand braid, also known as a plait, which can be worn down the back of the head or to the side.
- A fishtail braid, which is created by dividing the hair into two sections and alternating between crossing small pieces from one section over to the other. This style can add texture and interest to the hair.
- A French braid, which is created by adding small sections of hair to the braid as it is formed, resulting in a raised, textured braid that sits on top of the head. This style can be a good choice for those with medium to long hair.
3. Long Indian Braid Hairstyle:
The Indian braid hairstyle is a traditional style that is popular in India and many other parts of the world. It involves braiding the hair in a specific pattern, often starting at the crown of the head and working down towards the ends. The braid can be left loose or secured with hair ties or pins. The Indian braid can be worn as a standalone style or incorporated into other hairstyles, such as a ponytail or updo.
It is a versatile and practical option for those with medium to long hair, as it can be dressed up or down and helps to keep hair out of the face. It is also a good choice for hot or humid weather, as it keeps the hair off the neck and helps to prevent frizz. To create an Indian braid, begin by separating the hair into three equal sections.
4. Indian Haircuts for Long Hair Oval Face Shape:
There are many different hairstyles that would look great on someone with an oval face shape and long hair. Here are a few ideas:
- Long, straight hair: This is a classic look that will never go out of style. If you have straight hair, you can leave it down and let it flow naturally, or you can add a middle part for a more modern look.
- Beach waves: If you want a more relaxed, bohemian vibe, try creating loose waves in your hair with a curling iron or a hair straightener. This is a great look for summer and can be dressed up or down.
- Braids: Braids are a versatile hairstyle that can work for any occasion. Try a French braid, a fishtail braid, or a Dutch braid for a chic and polished look.
- Updo: An updo is a great way to show off the natural shape of your face. Try a low bun, a ponytail, or a top knot for a sophisticated and elegant look.
- Bangs: Bangs are a great way to frame your face and add some interest to your hairstyle. If you have an oval face, you can pull off most types of bangs, so choose the style that you feel most comfortable with.
5. High Pony for Long Hair:
A high ponytail is a hairstyle where the hair is gathered at the top of the head and secured with a hair tie or other type of hair accessory, creating a ponytail that sits high on the head.
To create a high ponytail with long hair, follow these steps:
- Brush your hair to remove any tangles and smooth out any knots.
- Gather your hair at the top of your head and secure it with a hair tie. If you have bangs or a fringe, you may want to leave them out of the ponytail for a more stylish look.
- If you want to add some volume to your ponytail, you can tease the hair at the crown of your head using a comb or brush.
- Smooth out any flyaways or stray hairs using a brush or your fingers.
- You can add a touch of style to your high ponytail by adding a hair accessory, such as a ribbon or a hairband.
- If you have very long hair, you may want to tie your ponytail in two or more places to keep it from slipping out of the hair tie.
- To keep your ponytail looking neat throughout the day, you can use a hairspray or a styling product to keep any flyaways or stray hairs in place.
6. Loose Hairstyle:
There are many different ways to style loose hair, depending on the length and texture of your hair and the look you want to achieve.
Here are a few ideas for loose hairstyles:
- Beach waves: To create this casual, bohemian look, spray your hair with a texturizing spray or sea salt spray and scrunch it with your hands. You can also braid your hair while it’s damp and let it dry for a more defined wave.
- Soft curls: To create soft curls, you can use a curling iron or hot rollers. Be sure to use a heat protectant product to prevent damage to your hair.
- Braids: Braids are a versatile way to style loose hair. You can create a simple braid, a fishtail braid, a French braid, or any other type of braid that you like.
- Half-up, half-down: This classic look involves pulling back the top half of your hair and securing it with a hair tie or barrette. You can leave the rest of your hair down for a romantic, bohemian look.
- Low ponytail: A low ponytail is a simple, elegant way to style loose hair. Just gather your hair at the nape of your neck and secure it with a hair tie. You can add a hair accessory, such as a ribbon or a hairband, for a touch of glamour.
- Updo: An updo is a hairstyle that involves pinning the hair up and off the face. There are many different types of updos, ranging from simple bun hairstyles to more elaborate, braided styles.
- Natural: If you prefer a more natural look, you can simply let your hair down and style it with a leave-in conditioner or a styling product to enhance its natural texture.
7. Exotic Soft Wave Indian Hair Look:
To create an exotic, soft wave look with Indian hair, you can follow these steps:
- Start by washing and drying your hair. You may want to use a volumizing shampoo and conditioner to add body and lift to your hair.
- Divide your hair into sections and apply a wave defining product or mousse to each section. You can use a wide-tooth comb to evenly distribute the product through your hair.
- Use a large-barrel curling iron to create soft waves in your hair. Hold the iron vertically and wrap small sections of hair around it, starting at the mid-lengths and working your way down to the ends. Avoid clamping the iron too tightly, as this can create tight, uniform waves rather than soft, natural-looking waves.
- Once you have finished curling all of your hair, gently tousle your waves with your fingers to break them up and create a more natural, beachy look.
- Use a hair spray or styling product to set your waves in place and keep them looking fresh and bouncy throughout the day.
- You can add some extra flair to your look by wearing a colorful headband or adding a few decorative hair clips to your waves.
8. Traditional Bun for Long Hair:
To create a traditional bun for long hair, you will need to start by gathering all of your hair into a high ponytail at the crown of your head. Secure the ponytail with a hair elastic. Next, take the ponytail and twist it tightly until it begins to curl up on itself.
Once the hair is twisted, wrap it around the base of the ponytail to create a bun shape. Secure the bun in place with bobby pins, making sure to tuck any stray hairs under the bun. You can also use hair spray to help hold the bun in place and add a finishing touch. If you have bangs or layers, you can pull out a few pieces around the face to soften the look.
9. Neat Braided Indian Hairstyle for Long Hair:
To create a neat braided hairstyle for long hair, you will need to start by dividing your hair into two sections, one on the top and one on the bottom. Braid the bottom section of hair and secure it with a hair elastic. Next, take the top section of hair and divide it into three equal strands.
Begin a traditional braid by crossing the right strand over the middle strand, then the left strand over the middle strand. Continue this pattern until you reach the end of your hair, then secure the braid with a hair elastic. You can either leave the braid loose or wrap it around the base of the ponytail to create a bun. To add a touch of Indian flair, you can tuck a colorful scarf or headband into your hair.
10. Long Curly Indian Hairstyle:
If you have long, curly hair and want to create an Indian-inspired hairstyle, one option is to use braids and flowers to add a romantic and feminine touch.
To get started, divide your hair into two sections, one on the top and one on the bottom. Take the top section and create a French braid, pulling in small sections of hair from the sides as you go. When you reach the end of your hair, secure the braid with a hair elastic. Then, take the bottom section of hair and braid it as well, securing it with a hair elastic.
Next, take a few small sections of hair from the top braid and wrap them around the base of the ponytail to create a bun. You can also use bobby pins to secure the bun in place.
To finish the look, tuck a few small flowers into the bun or braid. You can use real flowers or artificial ones, depending on your preference. Alternatively, you can use a colorful scarf or headband to add a pop of color.
11. Crown Braid Hairstyle:
A crown braid is a hairstyle in which the hair is braided into a circular shape around the head, resembling a crown.
To create a crown braid, follow these steps:
- Gather your hair into a high ponytail on the top of your head and secure it with an elastic.
- Divide the ponytail into two equal sections.
- Begin braiding the two sections of hair together, working your way around the head. As you braid, try to keep the braid close to your head, so that it sits on top of your hair like a crown.
- When you have braided all the way around the head, secure the end of the braid with another elastic.
- If you have any stray hairs, tuck them into the braid or use bobby pins to secure them in place.
- You can also add flowers, ribbons, or other decorative elements to your crown braid to give it a more polished look.
12. Waterfall Indian Hairstyle:
The Waterfall Hairstyle is a popular hairstyle for Indian women. It involves creating a braid that looks like a waterfall, with sections of hair falling down in a cascading manner. To create this hairstyle, first gather all of your hair to one side of your head and begin braiding it as you would normally.
As you braid, allow sections of hair to fall out and hang down in a loose, cascading style. You can also add decorative hair accessories, such as flowers or beads, to the braid to give it a more festive and elegant look. This hairstyle is perfect for special occasions, such as weddings or parties, and can be worn with traditional Indian attire or with modern clothing.
13. Ponytail Hairstyle:
The ponytail is a classic and versatile hairstyle that can be worn by people of all ages and hair types. To create a ponytail, gather all of your hair to one side of your head or to the center of your head, depending on the desired placement of your ponytail. Use a hair elastic to secure the hair in place, making sure it is not too tight to avoid damaging the hair or causing discomfort.
You can leave the ponytail as is, or you can add some flair by wrapping a strand of hair around the hair elastic to hide it. You can also use hair accessories, such as ribbon or barrettes, to add some style to your ponytail. The ponytail is a simple and easy hairstyle that can be dressed up or down, making it suitable for both casual and formal occasions.
14. Crimping Hairstyle:
Crimping is a hairstyle that involves creating waves or zig-zags in the hair using a crimping iron. To create a crimped hairstyle, start by washing and drying your hair. Next, divide your hair into small sections and mist each section with a heat-protective spray.
Then, use a crimping iron to press down on each section of hair, starting at the roots and working your way down to the ends. Make sure to hold the iron in place for a few seconds to ensure that the crimp takes hold. Repeat this process until all of your hair is crimped. You can style your crimped hair into an updo, a half-up half-down style, or leave it down.
15. South Indian Bridal Hairstyle:
South Indian bridal hairstyles are typically quite elaborate and involve a lot of intricate braiding, hair accessories, and flowers.
Here are a few common elements you might see in a South Indian bridal hairstyle:
- Flowers: Fresh flowers are often used to decorate the hair, and jasmine is a popular choice. The flowers may be woven into braids, or used to create a floral crown or garland.
- Hair accessories: Gold or silver hair accessories, such as hair combs, hair pins, and hair vines, are often used to secure the hairstyle and add a touch of glamour.
- Braids: Complex braids are a key element of many South Indian bridal hairstyles. These may be interwoven with flowers and hair accessories, or left simple and adorned with a single flower or hair accessory.
- Hair extensions: To create a fuller, more voluminous look, it is common for South Indian brides to use hair extensions. These may be in the form of clip-in extensions, or permanent extensions that are braided into the natural hair.
Overall, South Indian bridal hairstyles are designed to be both elegant and traditional, and to complement the bride’s sari or lehenga.
16. Innocent Ponytail with Bang:
The innocent ponytail with bang hairstyle is a classic and simple look that can be worn by anyone. To achieve this hairstyle, first brush your hair to remove any tangles or knots. Then, gather your hair into a ponytail at the desired height on your head and secure it with an elastic hair tie.
If you have bangs, you can either leave them down or sweep them to the side. The bangs will add a playful touch to the ponytail and help frame your face. This hairstyle is perfect for those who want a no-fuss look that is easy to maintain and can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. It is a versatile choice that can be worn to school, work, or on a night out with friends.
17. Balloon Ponytail:
A balloon ponytail is a playful and unique hairstyle that can add a touch of fun to any outfit. To create a balloon ponytail, start by gathering your hair into a high ponytail and securing it with an elastic hair tie. Then, take a small section of hair from the ponytail and wrap it around the base of the ponytail to cover the hair tie.
Secure the wrapped section with a few bobby pins. The result should be a round, “balloon-like” shape at the base of your ponytail. You can leave the rest of your ponytail sleek and smooth, or you can add texture by curling or braiding the hair. This hairstyle is a great choice for those who want to add some whimsy to their look and is perfect for casual events or parties.
Here are a few additional tips for Indian long hairstyles for women:
- Opt for natural oils: Indian hair tends to be dry and prone to damage, so it’s important to nourish it with natural oils. Coconut oil, almond oil, and castor oil are all great options for maintaining healthy, shiny hair.
- Protect your hair at night: To prevent tangles and breakage, consider braiding your hair or wrapping it in a silk or satin scarf before going to bed.
- Use heat-protectant products: If you use heat-styling tools like curling irons or straighteners, make sure to use a heat-protectant product to prevent damage to your hair.
- Avoid styling products with alcohol: Alcohol-based products can strip your hair of its natural oils and lead to dryness and breakage.
- Get regular trims: To keep your hair looking healthy and prevent split ends, make sure to get regular trims every 6-8 weeks.
- Experiment with traditional Indian hairstyles: There are many beautiful and intricate hairstyles that are traditional to India, such as braids, buns, and updos. Consider incorporating these styles into your hair routine to add some cultural flair to your look.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Sure! Here are some common questions and answers about Indian long hairstyles for women:
What are some popular Indian hairstyles for long hair?
Some popular Indian hairstyles for long hair include:
Saree hairstyles: These hairstyles involve draping the saree around the head and securing it in place with hair pins.
Braided hairstyles: Braids are a popular choice for Indian hairstyles, and there are many different braid styles to choose from, including French braids, fishtail braids, and Dutch braids.
Bun hairstyles: Buns are a classic choice for long hair, and there are many different bun styles to choose from, including low buns, top knots, and side buns.
Loose curls: Loose curls can be created using a curling iron or by rolling sections of hair around hot rollers.
Straightened hair: Some women with long hair choose to straighten their hair using a flat iron.
How can I keep my long hair healthy and shiny?
Here are some tips for keeping long hair healthy and shiny:
Use a high-quality shampoo and conditioner that is formulated for your hair type.
Avoid using heat styling tools too frequently, as they can damage your hair. If you do use heat styling tools, be sure to use a heat protectant spray.
Avoid using tight hairstyles that put a lot of strain on your hair, such as tight ponytails or cornrows.
Try to avoid using hair products that contain alcohol, as they can dry out your hair.
Get regular trims to keep your hair looking healthy and to prevent split ends.
Eat a healthy diet that includes plenty of protein, as protein is essential for healthy hair growth.
What are some easy Indian hairstyles for long hair that I can do at home?
Here are some easy Indian hairstyles for long hair that you can do at home:
Braid: French braid, fishtail braid, or Dutch braid
Bun: low bun, top knot, or side bun
Ponytail: high ponytail, low ponytail, or side ponytail
Curls: use a curling iron or rollers to create loose curls
Straightened hair: use a flat iron to straighten your hair
Indian long hairstyles for women offer a wide range of options for styling long hair. From braids and buns to curls and straightened hair, there are many different looks to choose from. To keep your long hair healthy and shiny, be sure to use high-quality products and avoid using heat styling tools too frequently. Regular trims and a healthy diet can also help to keep your hair looking its best. With the right care and styling techniques, you can rock any of these beautiful Indian hairstyles with confidence.