At the beginning of 2021, Coi Leray kicked off a revolutionary trend when she showed off her unique braids. Instantly, people were entranced by her style and soon, it became known as the Coi Leray Braids. The look was inspired by a traditional tribal braid, so if you’re into that sort of style, or simply want to switch up your hair game, give the Coil Leray braids a try!
By donning this fashion, you can not only experience a jovial juvenescence, but also revel in an increase in self-esteem and poise. As it is well-known, looking your best begets a sensation of well-being that spills over into all areas of your life. Consequently, the Coi Leray is a perfect pick to make you feel on top of the world.
What are Coi Leray Braids?
The talented Coi Leray has inspired an iconic hairstyle amongst young people, with the style named after her. Coi Leray Braids are an example of jumbo braids, usually characterised by their lack of knots, as well as the presence of a middle part. The style usually features between five and twelve thick plaits, usually completed with some curls at the end.
Our Top 11 Favourite Coi Leray Braids Hairstyles
The moment Coi Leray debuted her braided look in public, it instantly gained massive appeal. Combining a delightful playful touch with a dose of class, this chic style is suitable to be worn for any event and with any outfit. We’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite Coi Leray braided looks that we know you’ll love just as much as we do.
Coi Leray Braids With Curly Ends
The signature Coi Leray Braid look entails six to twelve full plaits that will extend three-quarters of the way down the hair length. The final fourth of the hair is finished with tight, curly ends, crafted by means of curling or perm rods. Voilà, the original Coi Leray style is complete – and all of the other versions that have come since were inspired by this classic look.
Coi Leray Braids With Curls
If you desire extra curls for a stylish look, try this Coi Leray braided style. Simply tie in some synthetic loose hair and the final effect will make you feel as enchanting as a mystical creature from the woods.
Coi Leray Braids With Beads
For those who seek a more traditional hairstyle, we have the perfect solution: beads. Braiding with beads has been a favored look since ancient times, and continues to remain a timeless style. Adding a dozen or so braids and tasteful beads at the end of each braid will create a beautiful and classic look.
Coi Leray Box Braids
It’s clear that box braids are the ultimate choice when it comes to tribal braids and similar looks. Coi Leray takes this style to a new level of divine, making it all the more irresistible. If you’re enamored with both box braids and Leray’s own creation, don’t miss this amazing combination!
Coi Leray Knotless Braids
With its impressive and attractive results, it is no surprise that knotless braids are the preferred choice. This look offers the appearance of having been done with your natural hair, perfect for those who desire a certain illusion. If you want to make this illusion come to life, give knotless braids a try.
Jumbo Coi Leray Braids
To recreate Coi Leray’s iconic look, ensure the braids are voluminous. The reason for her style becoming a trend is largely due to the artist’s impressive ability to carry off this bold style.
Small Coi Leray Braids
For those who don’t find jumbo braids appealing, there is an alternative: small braids. Not only are they aesthetically more vibrant, but they will make your hair look voluminous when installed in more than a dozen sections. Coi Leray braids are the perfect option.
Coi Leray Braids Long
Coi Leray’s exquisite long braids are a great way to embrace your femininity. You’ll feel like a goddess, so why not give it a try? If you like this hairstyle, make sure to get it today! Long hair will always remain stylish.
Coi Leray Braids Short
For those of you who find themselves attracted to the convenience of short hair, we offer this look that speaks to your spirit. Showcase your true character with a style that empowers you and helps you prepare for the events that come your way.
Coi Leray Braids Blonde
Searching for a unique style for summer? Coi Leray’s blonde braids will bring an adventurous feel to all your summer plans, be it beach parties, music festivals, or road trips. This will create a look that reflects all the joy of those carefree days of summer.
Coi Leray Braids Red
For those not wishing to go blonde, why not liven up your look with a splash of color? Red braids are the perfect way to make an outfit stand out and create a fun, feisty statement. A vibrant hair style like this is sure to draw the attention of everyone in the room.
How to Do Coi Leray Braids?
If you want to learn how to create the beautiful Coil Leray Braid style from the comfort of your home, it is not as complicated as it might seem. For a step-by-step guide, please check out this wonderful Coi Leray Braid tutorial. To begin, let’s make sure you have all the supplies necessary to create the look.
- Braiding synthetic hair of favourite or preferred brand
- A rat-tail comb
- Elastic rubber bands
- Conditioning gel (shining jam)
- Hair mousse
- Perm rods
Once you have acquired the necessary materials, you can begin the braiding procedure. We have outlined the steps for your ease, to guarantee you a successful outcome.
- Start by brushing your hair and stretching it out. Then, using a rat tail comb, create a horizontal parting in the back of your head. Gather the remaining hair and pin it at the top of your head. Separate it into two more sections and make sure to create a center part.
- Afterwards, divide the back of the hair into three separate segments, running down the length of it. Incorporating a styling product, such as a hair serum, can help with detangling the hair, as well as allowing it to remain manageable.
- Initiate the process of braiding by taking the initial portion of hair and commence to braid your natural locks to deter knotting. Subsequently, as you progress, start to add synthetic braiding hair to increase the breadth of the braids. When you have braided approximately three fourth of the way down the length, fasten your hair with a rubber band.
- For the remainder of the middle two sections of the head, use this same process before continuing to the top two.
- Having completed the braiding of your hair, you can now start to curl the tips. Use perm rods to curl each braid from the bottom, slowly progressing towards the rubber band. Carry on this pattern until each section is done.
- Give your curls an extra boost by applying a mousse to the braided portion of your hair. Secure with a silk scarf to keep your curls in place while the perm rods do their job.
- To create permanent curls, place your hair into individual perm rods, then immerse them in a pot of boiling water for a few moments. Gently pat your hair with a towel once all sections are done.
- Once you’ve removed the perm rods, you can let your hair down, and it should be full of gorgeous curls.
- With a quick flick of the wrist, take away the silk scarf, and suddenly you’re rocking the fashionable Coi Leray braid style.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have provided responses to some frequent queries related to Coi Leray Braids to be of assistance to you.
How Many Braids Does Coi Leray Have?
The style usually has six to sixteen braids but can have more than that too.
How Long Does It Take To Do Coi Leray Braids?
The time will depend on the length and size of your braids. However, on average it takes about an hour or so.
Do You Need To Crochet Coi Leray Braids?
No, you won’t have to crochet the braids as you will merely need to add and braid in synthetic hair with your natural hair.
Is Coi Leray Braids Harmful?
No, it is not harmful. You can safely keep it up to 6 weeks as it is a protective hairstyle.
Can You Do Coi Leray Braids At Home?
Through our article, we’ve detailed the steps necessary to complete a Coi Leray braid from the comfort of your own home. It is definitely doable!
How Much Do Coi Leray Braids Cost?
The price of the faux braiding hair necessary to achieve this hairstyle can vary depending on the manufacturer.
The Coi Leray Braid quickly gained traction in the fashion world thanks to its innovative design. This particular braid is perfect for any and all occasions and anyone who appreciates braided hairstyles can pull it off. Not only is it a stunning look, but its simple structure makes it just as easy to maintain as any other braid, like tribal braids. There’s no extra work necessary when it comes to taking care of the Coi Leray Braid.