Table of Contents
An RTI Application Form PDF and an RTI Application Format in Word are included in this article. To access them, kindly download the RTI Application format.
Through this article, you can not only obtain the RTI application form but also get to know about the nuances of applying for information under the Right to Information. Here, you can get familiarized with the points that one must consider before making a Right to Information application.
Be sure to read through this entire article in order to properly submit the application form. All the regulations for filing an RTI application can be found here in great detail.
What is RTI?
In order to submit an RTI application, it is of the utmost importance to first understand what it is and be aware of the related rules and your rights. The full form of RTI is the Right to Information, which is a right that has been conferred upon citizens of India.
This grants the populace the privilege to inquire into where their taxes are going and how they are being spent. Furthermore, any individual may ask for information from any governmental agency as allowed under this act.
The RTI Act 2005 was initiated in India on the 12th of October, 2005, granting citizens the authority to question the government and battle against any form of corruption occurring in a particular department.
About RTI Applications Form
You can submit an RTI application form both electronically and via post. Here, I have included both the required information so that you don’t have to search any other article.
To download the offline application form, you can access it from here. On the other hand, to submit your application online, I have also added RTI application format in a word document.
This document can prove to be immensely helpful when you want to explain the details of your request such as the kind of information you require and from which department you need it from.
By using this Word format, you can easily fill the RTI application form and then send it through post. In the section below, you can check out the steps for submitting an RTI application online.
How to Download RTI Application Form in PDF and Word?
Download RTI Application Form from the link given below in Word and PDF format.
|Form name||RTI Application Form|
|For||Seek Information from the Government|
|Mode||Offline and Online|
Some Rules for Submission of RTI Application
The intent of this law is to ensure government officials are held accountable and to ensure transparency in government departments, which can lead to the eradication of corruption. To ensure this law is followed, the government established both the State Information Commission and Central Information Commission.
- Such information cannot be denied to an MLA, similarly, the same information cannot be denied to a common man.
- Only Indian citizens can take advantage of this act.
- This act is only for common people, so no organization, private limited, or NGO can submit an RTI application form.
- It is necessary to appoint officers in government departments as one or more public information officers.
- Any citizen can ask for information in any format like paper, photo, video in any form if the information is available in these formats.
- Information can be sought only up to the retention period.
- RTI application fee is Rs 10 and is free for BPL category people.
- RTI application fee can be paid through cash, demand draft, postal order, or online.
- A fixed time period of up to 30 days is given for the information sought under RTI.
- After 30 days you have to give information without fees.
- Information can be sought from all the departments under the purview of RTI.
What kind of information can’t you ask for?
This information you can’t ask through RTI –
- Information of any intelligence agency whose information if made public, threatens the security and integrity of the country.
- Cannot seek information about matters related to other countries.
- Third-party and private sector information that you may not solicit.
What are the things you should keep in mind before filing an RTI application?
- Prepare a list of questions that you intend to ask. The questions asked must be – Straight forward, Fact-based, Specific.
- Be clear, firm and to the point with your application but also be courteous.
- Always give a serial number to query.
- Avoid an essay-type application.
- Ensure the information asked is related to a smaller time duration else its likely to be rejected.
- Stick to one subject per application.
- Ensure to point to any government or specific files.
How to fill RTI Application Form?
You are not required to follow any specific format when composing an RTI application on plain paper; however, make sure to consider the information detailed above.
There is no limitation as to which form you use – you may refer to the sample applications included in the section below, fill the PDF form, or even craft your application in your local language.
All forms are obtained from government official websites. While composing your application, make sure to specify what information you need, the required time frame, and the department to which you are addressing your request.
You do not have to state the reasons for your inquiry; you only need to provide your address. Including your contact information is optional.
RTI Sample Application Form
You have the option to download the RTI Application Form in PDF and Word format, or you can compose an application in handwriting; all that is required is that you keep in mind the details mentioned above and draft your application according to the sample format provided.
RTI Online Application Form
To submit an RTI application online, it is necessary to abide by the instructions given.
- First of all, go to the official website of RTI.
- After that click on submit request option from the tab.
- A new page will open where guidelines will appear read it and accept the terms and click on submit button.
- Now the online application form will open so that you will have to fill it properly.
- Fill in your personal information like name, address, qualification, and contact details on that application form.
- Once you have completed the reason for your payment, press the ‘make payment’ button. Make sure to include all details according to the given format, otherwise your request may be declined.
Important Sections of RTI
- 6(1) – Section for writing RTI application.
- 6 (3) – If the application goes to the wrong department, it will be sent to the right department within 5 days.
- 7 (5) – BPL cardholders do not have to pay the application fee.
- 7 (6) – If the RTI reply is not received within 30 days, the information will be given free of cost.
- 8 – Information that is related to the security and integrity of the country will not be given.
- 18 – If an officer does not respond, his complaint should be given to the Information Officer.
- 19 – If the reply of RTI is not received within 30 days, then the first appeal can be made to the first appellate authority.
- 19 (3) – Should a response to the first plea be not acquired within thirty days, then the second entreaty may be presented within ninety days.
Frequently Asked Question
From which departments can you seek information under the RTI Act?
The President’s, Prime Minister’s, Governor’s and Chief Minister’s offices, the Sangasad and Bidhan Mandal, the Election Commission, all courts, all government offices, all government banks, all government hospitals, police departments, the three Armed Forces, public sector undertakings, government-funded insurance companies, phone companies, NGOs, schools and colleges, have all been included.
What is the RTI Application Fee?
RTI application fee is Rs 10/-
How long will it take to get RTI information?
You will get the RTI Information within 30 days of application submission.
Is the application fee is free for the BPL Card Holder?
The Right to Information Act is an Indian legislation that provides for the transparency and accountability of the Government. The Act gives the citizens of India the right to access information under the control of public authorities, in order to promote transparency and accountability in the working of every public authority. The citizens can seek information from the Government departments and they have to reply to the queries of the RTI Applicant within 30 days. An RTI Application form is a legal document and must be completed with utmost care. This article provides a RTI Application Form in PDF and an RTI Application Format in Word.