Whether bridging geographical gaps for professional discussions or reuniting friends and family, Zoom has become an essential collaboration tool. However, sometimes it becomes imperative to record Zoom meetings to capture the essence or information of these virtual interactions.
This quick guide will help you to understand how to record Zoom meetings on a PC or a mobile phone directly. The guide is suitable for learning the best ways for Zoom meeting recordings for both hosts and participants. So, you can navigate through the process of seamlessly capturing a Zoom meeting and saving it for later use.
Record Zoom Meetings on PCs As A Host
If you are the one who is hosting a Zoom meeting, capturing it can be the easiest for you. It is because hosts typically have the advantage of using the built-in screen recording feature of the Zoom application to record the interaction seamlessly.
However, if you are new to this platform and don’t know how to capture Zoom meetings on PC as a host, don’t worry. Here we have brought all the essential steps required to capture Zoom meetings.
So, here we go:
- Launch the Zoom application on your PC and start the meeting you want to record.
- Once the meeting has begun, look for the “Record” button at the bottom of the Zoom window. Click the “Record” button available on the screen to start recording.
- As the host, you can pause, resume, or stop the recording throughout the meeting. You can get these controls from the Zoom Toolbar.
- Stop the recording once the meeting has ended.
- Zoom will automatically convert and save the recording in the chosen folder.
Record Zoom Meetings on PCs As A Participant
If you are a participant, you can still record Zoom meetings. If you want to use a built-in Zoom recorder for this purpose, getting permission to record from a host or co-host of the meeting is imperative. When you get permission to record, the host will allow you to screen recording from settings.
However, if for any reason, you can’t get permission from the host to record a Zoom meeting, you still don’t need to be worried here.
It is because you can then use a third-party screen recorder to complete this action.
Be careful when considering using a third-party screen recorder to record Zoom meetings. Choose a trustworthy provider to avoid any mishap or privacy problem later.
Use iTop Screen Recorder for A Seamless Zoom Meetings Recording
iTop Screen Recorder is arguably the leading screen recorder for Zoom meetings. This free screen recorder will allow you to record either full Zoom or a certain part of it per your preferences.
In addition, this tool will also allow you to record Zoom meetings with no time limits and lagging. You can even polish your captured meetings with its built-in editing feature. You can not only save the recordings of your Zoom meetings with one click.
Fortunately, recording Zoom meetings with iTop Screen Recorder is quite simple. You just need to follow the three easy steps to complete the process.
- Record your Zoom screen full or a selected area only as needed. You can easily adjust this setting as per your wants.
- iTop Screen Recorder will let you record whatever is happening on the screen in HD quality and without lagging.
- Once you have completed the recording of your Zoom meeting, you can save this video in any of your preferred formats or edit it to make any changes.
Editor’s note: Get an iTop Screen Recorder license for free
Now the iTop Software starts a license giveaway and the first 10 users can activate the iTop Screen Recorder license below. Don’t miss the chance and get the license.
iTop Screen Recorder Pro
Free upgrades during the subscription
Only personal use
How to activate the key
Step 1: Download and install the v4 program.
Step 2: Copy and paste the key to the “Enter code” tab.
Step 3: Click “Activate”.
Record Zoom Meetings on An Android Mobile Phone
Most people believe using a mobile phone to participate in a Zoom meeting is more convenient. The fact is especially truer when you are on the go and don’t have access to your laptop or PC.
Whether you are hosting a Zoom meeting or a participant with permission to record, the process is simple. Here are the steps that you can then use to record Zoom meetings on your Android phone:
- Open the Zoom application on your mobile phone to join your meeting.
- When you are in the meeting, click on “More.”
- Click the “Record” option available here. You will then get a recording message on your screen.
- You can use the toolbar to pause or stop your screen recording when needed.
Record Zoom Meetings on iPhone
Here are the steps to record Zoom meetings on iPhone:
- Start your meeting session on the Zoom application.
- Click on “Record to the Cloud.”
- You will get a recording message appearing on your mobile screen.
- You can control your recording through the Zoom toolbar.
Once the recording is saved, you can access it via your Zoom Portal under its Recording tab.
How Can You Block Meeting Participants from Recording As A Host?
Yes, you can manage various aspects of the meeting, including controlling whether participants can record the session as a host in a Zoom meeting. If you want to block meeting participants from recording, you can follow these steps:
. Assess your Zoom meeting’s participants list.
· Locate the participant you want to block from recording Zoom meetings.
· Hover your cursor over the participant’s name and click on the three dots.
· Scroll down to “Stop Participant Recording.”
· Click this option on your screen.
Confirm your choice, and you are done.
Can You Record Your Zoom Meetings?
As a host, you are privileged to record Zoom meetings without permission. You have access to all the built-in screen recording features of Zoom. Even if you are a participant, you can ask the host to record Zoom meetings when necessary. If you don’t have a source to ask to record a Zoom meeting, you can use a screen recorder without permission. But it is always important not to put others’ privacy at stack.
Certainly, the ability to record Zoom meetings provides us with invaluable advantages. Whether starting a Zoom meeting as a host or contributing to it as a participant, you can record Zoom meetings. Learning how to record Zoom meetings here will help you revisit or share valuable information presented in a Zoom meeting for improved connection, better information access, and enhanced productivity.