Hamantaschen are a type of dessert or cookie that is generally filled with fruit or poppyseed. These are eaten during Purim in memory of the three-cornered hat worn by Haman, the villain in the story of Purim. These are a popular treat during Purim but they are also fun to make.
Hamantaschen are a traditional Jewish pastry eaten during the Jewish holiday of Purim. It’s a three-cornered pastry with a filling. There are many different variations of hamantaschen, including sweet hamantaschen and savory hamantaschen.
how to make Hamantaschen Recipe
This year, I decided to spend the holidays with my family. That meant I was preparing for Passover Seders. I love attending seders at community centers, synagogues, or homes of friends. I always meet new people and make new friends. But this year I decided to host my own Seder.
hamantaschen recipe- A hamantasch is a delicious cookie filled with jam. It is a traditional Jewish cookie celebrated during the Purim holiday. It is very easy to make. This blog will look at different ways how to make the best hamantaschen with the best hamantaschen recipe.
what is Hamantaschen Recipe?
the hamantasch is a type of cookie made in the Jewish communities of Europe, mostly in the Ashkenazi Jewish community. It is said that the filling is a symbol of the Four Species.
Hamantaschen is a sweet pastry that is shaped like a hat (or cap) and filled with either a fruit or poppyseed filling. There are different variations of hamantaschen that include mohn hamantaschen and honey hamantaschen.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup orange juice
- 5 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup fruit preserves, any flavor
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the oil and sugar. Then add orange juice, eggs, milk and vanilla. Combine flour with baking powder, adding it to form stiff dough. If dough is not stiff enough to roll out, add more dry ingredients until you are able to do so. On a floured surface, roll out the dough until it reaches 1/4 inch thickness and cut using cookie cutters or drinking glasses into 2-inch diameter circles. Place two inches apart on prepped cookie sheets. Spoon about 2 teaspoons of preserves onto the center of each cookie . Pinch the corners together firmly to create three triangles.
- Put your cookie sheets in the oven and set the timer for 12-15 minutes. Once the timer rings, use a spatula to remove your cookies from the baking sheet. Let them cool for about a minute (no longer!) on a wire rack before devouring!